A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

MIA on DVD - MR BOOGEDY


Sure MR. BOOGEDY may not be the scariest movie ever made, but to a 4 year old in the 80s, this movie would probably scare the crap out of you. In fact, that's exactly what it did when I first saw it back when I was a wee little tyke.

Mr. Boogedy originally aired on ABC Family during "The Disney Sunday Movie" on April 20, 1986. The movie featured some familiar faces such as Richard Masur (Risky BusinessIT), David Faustino (Bud in Married With Children), Kirsty Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and John Astin (The Addams FamilyThe Frighteners).

The movie is about a novelty-salesman who moves his family into a new house. Initially dismissing strange incidents as more of their father's practical jokes, the family soon learns that the house is haunted by people who lived in the house 300 years previously. (IMDB)

I will never forget Mr. Boogedy. This film really should only be available on DVD for those of us that grew up watching the film on ABC or VHS. I'm sure kids now-a-days would find it pretty lame, but anyone who grew up in the 80s may have fond memories of it. In fact, my wife's good friend is a huge fan of the film and luckily I was able to find a bootleg of it for us to relive all those glorious memories. After viewing it, we realized it doesn't quite hold up as being the most amazing film ever made that we remembered, but it is a lot of fun. If I had it my way and I ran Walt Disney Home Ent, I'd probably release both Mr. Boogedy and Bride of Boogedy (more on this movie later) on a single disc DVD to make us all happy. Maybe someone from Disney will read this one day...

Here's our options for cover artwork:

I found this alternate VHS cover online. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a better quality image of it. I have no idea where this was released.

Not really a whole lot to choose from. This is a perfect title for Disney Home Entertainment to play with the DVD cover. Maybe hire someone like Drew Struzan? I can always wish... 

No comments:

Post a Comment