A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RM#106, HorrorHound#26 & DVD/Blu-ray News

Both Rue Morgue and Horror Hound have given us a look at their upcoming November issues. For some reason Fangoria hasn't released images of their November issue yet. They are getting very close to their 300th issue, maybe they are just too busy working on that.

Rue Morgue #106
I missed the only Toronto screening of A Serbian Film last week. I hope the movie is worth a cover story.

Horror Hound #26
Horror Hound can do no wrong in my books. Really looking forward to this issue. It feels too long since the last issue. 

As for DVD/Blu-ray news, below is a selection of a few titles I thought were worth mentioning.

The Howling Trilogy Blu-ray - Release Date: October 19
It's kind of ballsy of Timeless Media to actually call this release a trilogy. Firstly, it includes, Howing 3, 5 and 6, so it isn't even 3 consecutive movies. Secondly, all 3 movies have nothing in common, other than the title. I haven't read any reviews yet, but my guess is that the movies didn't even receive HD transfers. They are probably just standard def 4:3 transfers carried over from the crappy DVD release. Either way, I know I'll probably pick it up. I just can't resist as Howling VI: The Freaks is one of my favourites in the series. 

House (aka Hausu) Blu-ray/DVD - Release Date: October 26
Another movie I missed that recently played in Toronto. I hear good things...and weird things about it. Can't wait!

Psychomania DVD - Release Date: October 26
This is a title I've heard of before, but know nothing about. I know it's a favourite of Chris Alexander's (editor-in-cheif at Fangoria). It must be good! 

Goonies 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray - Release Date: November 2
One of my all-time favourite 80s movies. A Must buy for Blu-ray.

Vampire Circus Blu-ray/DVD - Release Date: December 14
Another one I've heard of before, but haven't seen. I've only read good things about it and all of the horror websites seem to be mentioning this release. It must be good!

I've mentioned it a bunch of times before, but I am a big supporter of distributors using DVD-R to release certain titles they are apprehensive about giving full-fledged releases for. Warner Archives have been busy releasing some great titles that have never been available on DVD before. Two titles in particular as of late stuck out to me.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - AVAILABLE NOW
Click Here to Order

Legends of the SuperHeroes - AVAILABLE NOW
Click Here to Order

Legends of the SuperHeroes has been available as a bootleg for years at comic conventions. I'm happy Warner Bros. is finally giving this TV special a DVD release... even if it is a DVD-R one. Now where the hell is the 60s Batman TV Series?

1 comment:

  1. In order for a tape to be effectively preserved, the video must be converted to a digital format. A straight-forward and economical way to digitize your tapes is to transfer your video to DVD. 8mm Video to DVD transfer

    ReplyDelete