A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Cartoon Intro - AEON FLUX


Æon Flux aired on MTV's Liquid Television way back in 1991 as a six-part series of short serialized films. Then, an additional 5 short episodes were created in 1992. Ultimately, it received 10 half-hour episodes as a stand alone series in 1995. I wasn't that familiar with the show when it aired in '95, but remember seeing parts of it before or after The Maxx aired. I used to think the animation was so ugly and the title character was disgustingly skinny looking. I've since come to appreciate the experimental animation and stories now that it is on DVD. The series also spawned a movie adaptation staring Charlize Theron, however, it was a critical and box-office disappointment. I, on the other hand, enjoyed the movie.

Æon Flux Intro

1 comment:

  1. I have a few AF collections on VHS. I love that venus flytrap eyelash logo.

    ReplyDelete