A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ON LOCATION: Poltergeist House

The Poltergeist house is another example of a location where the house itself feels like a character in the movie. So when I found out that the house was only a few minutes away from where I am living in LA, I jumped in my car and took a ride out to Simi Valley.

All photos taken January, 2011

Screen captures from Poltergeist DVD below each photo

The house pretty much looks exactly the same as it did in the movie. The only noticeable difference is the garage door colour. I've read on other blogs and articles that the house suffered some damage during the 1994 LA earthquake. All of that seems to have been fixed up.




Here's a view of the street. Most of the street scenes were taken in a different area of California called Augora Hills, but I think one shot of the street made it into the movie.


Going to locations like this one is a little weird, only because someone lives in the house. I am dying to know if the interior of the house is anything like the interior in the movie. Also, I'd love to know if that big scary ass tree is in the backyard. 


For those of you interested in visiting the house, the address is 4267 Roxbury Street, Simi Valley.

Just remember, someone lives at this house, so try not to disturb them or the neighbours.


UP NEXT: Michael (Halloween) Myers House

No comments:

Post a Comment