A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Silent Hill 2 Set Pics

I am finally back from my nearly month-long hiatus. After 4 straight days of driving from Los Angeles to Toronto and a couple weeks of meetings, I am finally back at the blogging table. As I mentioned in my last post, I already have a few things planned, so be on the look out for them in the next few days/weeks.

To kick things off, below are some set pics from Silent Hill 2. Now, I should mention up front, I actually know very little about this sequel. The only reason I'm posting any pictures is because the movie has been shooting in my home town of Cambridge, Ontario. Downtown Cambridge (formerly Galt) is very picturesque and has been used in numerous films and television shows. Now that a "big budget" horror film has finally shot downtown, I thought it would be the perfect time to show some pictures I took on Thursday of one of the sets. 

Silent Hill 2 has been shooting primarily in and around the downtown market (built in the 1830s) and at the end of the shoot used the historic buildings on Main Street for some sequences. 

Here are a few shots from the shoot on Main Street. It may just look like snow on the ground in the pictures, but in fact, it's a mixture of snow and ash (aka mulched newspaper).


I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures and they started kicking people off set, so it's the best I could get. For more cool pictures from set, be sure to check out Steve Robert Delahunty's pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment