A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Friday, July 1, 2011

FAN ART FRIDAY - The Evil Dead

This year marks the 30th Anniversary of one of my all-time favourite movies, The Evil Dead. Already this year there have been numerous screenings across North America, as well as a new iPhone/iPad game app. In addition to that, NECA toys even announced an Evil Dead 2 series of action figures.

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Evil Dead on Cartoon and Horror, I thought it would be great to compile all of the Evil Dead artwork I could find online. The last decade or so has seen the Evil Dead explode into a huge franchise without even getting a remake or sequel. The movie has also seen numerous DVD releases thanks to Anchor Bay. It probably has more DVD releases than any other movie. Just check out the 30th issue of HorrorHound. Below are some of my favourite pieces of fan artwork I've found for the movie. I've tried to stick to just Evil Dead 1&2. I'll probably do an Army of Darkness post some other time. If you have other favourite pieces of Evil Dead fan art, include a link in the comments section and I will add it to the list. Also, if you are an artist, feel free to e-mail any Evil Dead artwork you want posted at cartoonandhorror@gmail.com.

Happy 30th Anniversary EVIL DEAD!



No comments:

Post a Comment