A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

C-A-D: Avengers: EMH - 106


The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Episode 106
Breakout - Part 1

I got a little out of order and skipped ahead to the sixth episode of the Avengers series. I'll probably go back to the other four a little later.

Thank god I didn't watch this episode first. I think I mentioned this in one of my other reviews, but I hate super villain jail breaks. They spent all that time cleaning the scum off the streets, only to have them break out again. Lame. 

A mass outbreak occurs at all of the super villain prisons and only Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp can capture them. In order to do that though, they have to band together and become The Avengers... can they do it? Of course they can, Silly! But that doesn't happen until Breakout - Part 2. 

In this episode you get the introduction of a crap load of super villains and also a few other super heroes. Doc Sampson gets his official origin of the series, which is kind of cool. Overall, this episode was a big let down. You get action, action, action and a very thin story. If action is your thing, you will eat this episode up. Even I was pretty captivated by some of the action set-pieces. On a visceral level, this episode kicks ass. But I like my cartoons with more story. Maybe I should just continue watching X-Men TAS

RATING: 6
YOU DECIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment