A destination dedicated to providing news, reviews, fan art, and comments about cartoons and horror movies from the '80s and '90s.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

CARTOON-A-DAY

I'm going to be starting up a new feature to guarantee that there will be more consistent content on cartoonandhorror.com. Since there is an over-abundance of horror movie websites dedicated to reviews, I've decided to focus the new feature on cartoons.

I've been collecting 80s and 90s cartoons on DVD for years now and I have a bunch that haven't even been opened yet. I thought the perfect way to get through the DVDs would be to watch a cartoon every day (during the week) and post a short review, rating and determine whether you should spend the time watching that particular episode.

Every episode I review will be rated out of 10. If an episode gets a score of 1 - 4, I will recommend you SKIP the episode. If an episode gets a score of 4.5 - 6.5, I'll let YOU DECIDE whether you want to watch it or not, based on the episode synopsis. If an episode gets a score of 7 - 10, it's a WATCH or MUST WATCH. Since some shows have over 100 episodes, this will let the casual cartoon fan weed through the shit episodes. Shows like Masters of the Universe and Thundercats have a plethora of crappy episodes. Every time I go to watch one of my cartoon DVDs I never know which episode to put on. I sometimes don't want to start at the beginning, but I have no idea what episode to watch.

When I first started this website, I really wanted to review every single cartoon show on DVD. However, as I started to really get into this whole blogging thing, I realized I just didn't have the time to sit down and watch an entire season of a cartoon show in one sitting. Doing one episode of a cartoon show a day will allow me to jump back and forth between different shows (while going in episode order) and also get through my collection of cartoon DVDs.

Another thing I should mention, while most of the cartoons I review will be from the 80s and 90s, you will also see a few remakes from the 2000s scattered throughout the reviews. In order for a show to be qualified as a remake, it has to have had an original show produced in the 80s or 90s. For example, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (200x), TMNT (200x), Thundercats (2011) cartoon, and if I'm up for it, one of the new Transformers or GI Joe cartoons. In addition to these cartoons, Marvel and DC cartoons with the same characters qualify as well. Shows like The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (The characters appeared in both Iron Man: The Animated Series and Avengers: United They Stand) and X-Men Evolution both qualify. I'm only making this part of the rule because I'm dying to watch some of the new Marvel and DC TV shows, so you're just going to have to put up with it.

September will act kind of as a test to see if I can actually squeeze the time in to review an episode every week day. The month of October will be dedicated to reviewing a horror movie every day (per week).

If this works out alright, I'll pick this feature back up in November.

Let the cartoon watching begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment